Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Director of Human Resources
Corporate Office – Champaign, IL
Responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of the group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, worker’s compensation, life insurance, FSA, HRA, COBRA, dependent care and any additional benefits. Provide excellent customer service, to include providing analytical and technical support for the delivery of the benefits programs. Work closely with Director of HR for all renewals and investigation of new benefits plans. Responsible for compiling and recording employee time and payroll data as well as preparing paychecks/advices in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. Provides support for field and central office staff including, typing, proofreading, preparing, and assembling materials. Reasonable or limited use of your vehicle may be required from time-to-time. Assists Regency in pursuit of its mission.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in HR or minimum two years’ hands on experience with Human Resources-Benefits and Payroll administration.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Organizational and interpersonal skills necessary to provide support for all staff. Ability to handle confidential materials, work on priority projects under pressure, work independently, effectively communicate orally and in writing, and compose correspondence and related material.
Valid driver’s license and good driving record along with auto insurance required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process bi-weekly payroll, including but not limited to garnishments, PTO, and insurance deductions to ensure payments are posted by Friday of payroll week. Double check to make sure 401k deposit is settled by or before the mandated timeframe.
- Compile internal reports as needed.
- Answers multiple-line phone, determines nature of business and directs callers to destination, takes messages and distributes via e-mail or voicemail, greets visitors, distributes incoming mail as well as ensuring that the boardroom and kitchen areas are clean at the end of each day.
- Processes background, MVR, and drug screens. Run annual MVR on all employees.
- Tracks and distributes quarterly safety bucks to maintenance staff.
- Make name badges as new hires join Regency.
- Administrator for Grace Hill.
- Assists with coordination of wellness program.
- Processes unemployment claims in absence of Director of HR.
- Orders all supplies for the office.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assist with maintenance of key box inventory; current inventory list of furnishings and equipment in the central office. Make calls for service on office equipment repairs as necessary.
- Completion of all required Grace Hill training.
- Work with Director of Human Resources to ensure that Employee Handbook is updated, and updates are sent to employees.
- Assist the Executive Team with scheduling, filing, projects, etc.
- Reserve hotel rooms for out-of-town guests ensuring that we receive good quality as well as fair price.
- Manages Workforce Management software. Prepares payroll for Unicorn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.